What We Believe
- that God is triune, three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in one divine being.
- that Jesus is the Son of God, true God and true man, who died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins and rose for our eternal salvation.
- that we are justified by God's grace through faith in Christ.
- that the Bible is entirely true, the inspired Word of God, and the basis for all doctrine and practice, and the Lutheran Confessions are a correct exposition of the Bible.
- that in Baptism, the Holy Spirit gives us the gift of faith in Christ, and washes away our sins, and makes us children of God.
- that in the Lord's Supper, the body and blood of Christ are given to us in, with, and under the bread and wine for the forgiveness of our sins.
- that we will be raised from the dead on the last day and those who believe in Christ will be given eternal life in the glory and joy of heaven, but those apart from Christ receive the eternal outcome of sin in the eternal punshment of hell.
- that Jesus died for all and so God calls us to repent of our sins and urgently invites all to receive the forgiveness, life, and salvation that comes through faith in Christ.
- that the Holy Spirit calls and empowers us to live a godly life of loving God and all people (as summarized in the Ten Commandments).
- that God calls us to share the good news of love, forgivenss, and eternal life in Christ with all people.