St. John Lutheran Church was started in1865 by a few dedicated German immigrant families. By the grace of God the congregation grew and in 1890 the current church was built. In 1917 the building was expanded to include wings on the east and west sides, and the altar area and side rooms in front. In 1964 the basement and narthex were added. We will celebrate our 150th Anniversary July 19, 2015.
The congregation had a school, grades K-8, until 2003. Although we no longer operate a school, the congregation remains dedicated to teaching the love and Word of God to children and people of all ages. Music has been and remains a significant part of the ministry of St. John. We are blessed to have many dedicated volunteers who faithfully and capably serve in many ways.
In 2015 we added an addition which includes an elevator, new restrooms on both upper and lower levels, a fellowship area, and office space.
By the grace of God it is our vision to reach out and serve our community with the love of Christ, and to remain faithful and true to the inspired Word of God. To our gracious God be all glory and praise!